Tuesday, September 2, 2014

This morning when I dropped off the flower delivery at the Seward Co-op, the young produce employee, Andrew, greeted me like other employees have any other Tuesday or Friday in the last eleven weeks. But today he said, "Oh are these your flowers?" "Yes, I'm Jennifer of Humble Pie Farm." "They're so beautiful," he said, "I'm so glad we have them, they make this a better place to work." 

Sniff. I really did tear up in the car. My little trooper in the car seat for an hour and half was making his water bottle splash and laughing uproariously in the backseat, city traffic was city traffic, and we were delivering flowers that we grew for the eleventh week in a row. So much to be thankful for. I've replayed that exchange in my head a few times today when I needed it. It's that, kind, kind, sincere words, that makes it all worth it. I've had a few in the last week. It's such a good lesson. I feel busy and scattered right now. It's easy to say I'll pay attention later when I'm rested. I want to really pay attention now. And say aloud the kind things that I think, not just think them.

We had a lovely wedding last weekend and some nice volunteer help. Here are the bouquets.


Giant bumblebees are abuzz in the field. Love them.


Fall colors are pretty.




Oh to throw rocks in puddles. Bliss.


Happy week, dear members! You are where we start from. Your upfront investment makes our success possible. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

J,M&E

No comments:

Post a Comment