Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It's the second to last week, or the last for those who receive a share biweekly, dear members. Hope you and yours are well. We are too. 

I was hoping to make you all wreaths for the last week, but my sweet annie didn't dry as I'd hoped, and I only have enough broom corn for our fall ornamental orders. So, flowers to the blessed end it is. And they are pretty. It's amazing how they've bounced back from the frost and the plants are just putting out some beautiful blooms. Maybe they know the end is near. A note about the fall ornamentals for those of you who ordered...I'd hoped to add some more fun stuff, but said fun stuff didn't grow as well as I'd hoped, so I sent you wreaths and fun specialty pumpkins and gourds. I'm pretty happy with how the wreaths have turned out, and hope you like them too.


This week's favorite is broom corn. It smells good, it's pretty, and it can be functional, you know, for making brooms. It's actually sorghum, a sweet heirloom grain. It's just so fallish.

This week's happy bouquets.


And for our friends at Tait Subler.


Now that we're slowing down a little we have more time for things like...

Papa's beautiful and delicious bread. Food tastes better when it looks good.


Throwing rocks in "da tweet" (the creek).


Enjoy these beautiful days, too!

Until next week,
J,M&E


No comments:

Post a Comment