Thursday, August 21, 2014

We've had a delightful week, dear members. 

Thanks to those who attended our Member Celebration. It was lovely. Good folks, flowers, food, fun. Of course I don't have any photos except one or two of the kiddos playing in the sandbox (a group of happy boys, I mean ninjas and super heroes) and the bouquet results of the flowers everyone picked at the end of the evening.



That was, hands down, my very favorite part. I love to see happy people in our flower field with their clippers, just snipping away, and smiling. I love it. 

We're still growing flowers, harvesting flowers, making bouquets, repeat. It's still awesome. This week I'm sending you zinnias mostly. They're so beautiful and cheerful. The powdery mildew everywhere is something fierce this season, and it's really affecting our zinnias, all planting successions. So, while we've been doing our best to nurse them along with various certified organic guideline approved sprays, they're on their way out. The thing about zinnias is that they don't last exceptionally long in a vase. But they're so lovely. Enjoy. 

Continue to have a great week, and weekend!

Best,
J,M&E

No comments:

Post a Comment